I got a question that needs guidance

Philippe Veronneau security.is.privacy at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 19 19:48:04 GMT 2001

Hello,  my name is Philippe.
I'm not quite sure i'm asking the right place for this kind of question,
but here it goes anyway.
I installed OpenBSD 2.9 not too long ago and installed samba on it.
Then one of my supervisor asked
for me to implement some sort of password aging, for an example, they
want to local user of the network
to be forced to change their password every 30 days.  I tried to look
for some sort of password aging
directly in the unix system but I think this is something that samba
needs to do.  Each users typed their
username that resides in the /etc/samba/smbpasswd file and then they are
granted access to their share.
Unfortunately, I didn't manage to find out any information related to
that on your documentation web site.
I'm looking for ideas, solution or any hints on how I could do that.  I
really need this quickly resolved
since they trust my on finding the solution quickly.

If you can give me a simple quick answer, I want my user to be forced to
change their password every 30 days.
This being prompted in their windows screen that their password has
expired and that the need to provide a new one.

I thank you for your time and kindness in helping me.

Philippe Veronneau
security.is.privacy at videotron.ca