Winbind and trusted domains

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Wed Dec 19 20:14:02 GMT 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 09:29:08PM -0500, Walter_Prentice/Trimax at trimax.com wrote:

> If I run wbinfo -g it only returns groups from the remote domain, if I run
> wbinfo -u returns the remote domain users twice the first time using
> Sxxx\username and next all the names again now showing Txxx\username.

Oh wow that's pretty freaky.  Can you run winbindd at debug level 10 and
mail me the output (private mail is probably best).  So just start up
winbindd, run wbinfo -u twice, then kill off winbindd.  This should
generate the minimum amount of log information required to analyse the
problem.

Please, could you run it with "debug timestamp = false" as well.

> This server was supose to be on producction last week and it was working
> for a week I really don't know what is going wrong, is it a winbind bug ?

Have you done anything like change the security settings on the PDC?
There is a RestrictAnonymous registry key you can set to restrict the
amount of information available to anonymouse users.  In win2k there are
some security settings that can mess up winbindd as well.

Tim.