smbfs under RH7.2 - 2.4.13

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sun Dec 16 06:10:03 GMT 2001

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Eldon Balzer wrote:

> Yeah, I did some searching on the web.  Some other people were having this
> problem were told to make a sym-link from /sbin/mount.smbfs --> smbmnt.  I

I think you have misread something. That description is incorrect. They
were probably told to make a symlink to make smbmnt reachable by smbmount,
not to replace smbmount with smbmnt.

You need this symlink, and that is created by the samba install.
    /sbin/mount.smbfs --> smbmount

Some have reported that installing certain rpms put smbmnt where it is not
found. To get around that you can try using this symlink.
    /usr/bin/smbmnt --> /usr/sbin/smbmnt

/Urban