smbfs under RH7.2 - 2.4.13

Eldon Balzer samba at vr6.ca
Sun Dec 16 01:33:06 GMT 2001

Thanks for the responses...

Yeah, I did some searching on the web.  Some other people were having this
problem were told to make a sym-link from /sbin/mount.smbfs --> smbmnt.  I
had already done this.

I went back and recompiled samba-2.2.2 with the `./configure
--with-smbmount`.  I then made symbolic links from for all bin files in
/usr/local/samba/bin to /sbin.  Also re-made the sym-link for
mount.smbfs.  Everything worked like a charm after that!  :-)

Earlier I had forced the making of smbmnt and smbmount by doing a `make
bin/smbmnt` and `make bin/smbmount` and also `make bin/smbumount`.

Hope this will help someone else too!

Good day,

-= EB =-