samba printing

dominique at linuxwon.org dominique at linuxwon.org
Thu Dec 13 13:26:05 GMT 2001

Hi,

I am desperate for some help with samba printing.  I would truly appreciate any light
you could shed into this turmoil.
I have samba running on RH 7.1.  I have configured my printers with the printtool
with their respective drivers.
I installed the samba printers on my NT workstations.  When a user sends a print
job to a printer, the job does not show in the printer icon on the NT WKS.  It can
be seen on the Linux box with the lpq -P devicename command.  If I configure a port
on the printer properties on NT than I can see the queue in the NT printer icon but
not on Linux.  Is is possible to see the queue in both places?	We cannot configure
a port for each user because we want the admin group to control the print jobs.

Thanks you so much in advance.

Dominique