Access denial

Tom Faulhaber tfaulhaber at firebrand.com
Thu Dec 13 07:54:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

My name is Tom Faulhaber.  I am the network administrator at a small company
in Providence,RI.

I am running Samba 2.2.2 on a Redhat 6.1 machine on a Novell 4.21 network.
The workstations are Win98SE.  The Linux box is being used for the company
intranet (Apache 1.3.22).

Everything runs fine, however I am completely stumped on one issue (so far).

That issue is:  network connectivity.  If I set the parameter security=share
everything is fine, however, if I set security=user I get access denied,
password invalid.  I have tried setting up username map file without
success.

While I can live with security=share I want to FTP files into the intranet
and I am getting access denied and I have managed to convince myself they
are related.  I my be wrong.

Please, Obi-wan Kenobi, you are my only hope.  Any suggestions will be acted
upon, and reported back.

Tom Faulhaber
Rhode Island
(no, it isn't part of Long Island, New York, it's a whole state all by
itself, stuffed in-between Massachusetts and Connecticut)