daemon startup

William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) wcolburn at nmt.edu
Mon Apr 23 21:56:45 GMT 2001

Between patch2 and patch3 they changed the location of the daemon from
$prefix/bin to $prefix/sbin.  It caught me by suprise.  Check your rc
files and possibly change bin to sbin.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 02:24:50PM -0400, Louis Davidson wrote:
> Good afternoon,
> 	I have upgraded to Samba version 2.2, the program is working fine, however
> the daemon startup at boot no longer works. Doing a manual -D works fine. I
> will need to start samba at boot as the linux redhat 7.0 is not used except
> for saving copies of important documents, and no one can log in to do the
> nmbd -D smbd -D startup if I am available.
>
> 	I have done changes to various files as shown in a few of the available
> HOW-TOs but nothing works. Help (:>x
>
> Louis.
>

> --

William Colburn, "Sysprog" <wcolburn at nmt.edu>
Computer Center, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/     http://www.nmt.edu/~wcolburn