Samba and Terminal Server issues

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Apr 23 18:35:38 GMT 2001

Hi Jay,
Well, I don't understand why MultipleUsersOnConnection  = 0 in the registry
of an NT 4.0 Terminal server doesn't do it for you.  I have tested this all
the way from SP3 - SP6, and it has ALWAYS worked for me;  With this value
set to 0, and a reboot of TS after I set it,
then every ts client that comes to samba thru that TS gets it's own separate
instance of SMBD....  So you shouldn't give up on that parameter - it DOES
work.  Someone else on the list had a problem with it as well, and we went
over and over it; he eventually reset it again, and rebooted, and this time
it worked...  What can I say?

But for W2K Terminal Servers, Microsoft has removed the code that handles
this registry entry - effectively, this registry entry does not exist for
W2k, and they (M$) have so far been adament that there is no need for this
registry 'hack' anymore on Wk2, because they have increased a number of
limits that used to make this an issue for ts clients.  And they have not
been interested in addressing this for Samba.

Sorry I don't have better news.
Don