Q and Probs: Solaris 8 + Samba v2.2.0 with ACL's.

Max Ahston qtxmahs at dmn.hf.sw.ericsson.se
Mon Apr 23 09:22:52 GMT 2001

For a couple of months I've been waiting for the v2.2.0 because of the
implementation of the ACL's.

I've been playing around a little with the ACL's now and are not 100%
happy. It could be me, or something else. It might be more of a
Solaris-problem than a Samba-problem.

The problem is when creating a directory, setting some ACL's for the
created directory. I know want the subdirectories created under the first
directory to own the parentdirectories ACL's. Now it just get's the
default ACL. I see the same result creating a subdirectory directly from
UNIX not using Samba, so it's more a Solaris issue. Maybe someone have
some hint about this.

Also I noticed that in the beginning I got all the NIS groups listed when
trying to add new groups. Now, I don't see them anymore. But I can still
search after a NIS-group and then add it from NT?! I saw some posting of a
problem not listing the users when adding permissions. Those problems
maybe have something in common?

Another annoying thing I have with 2.2.0 and not my 2.0.7 installation is
when taking "properties -> security -> Permission" on a file it takes a
LONG time (in the computer world anyway) before Permissions window pops
up. On 2.0.7 it shows up almost directly. With 2.2.0 it hangs for 15-30
seconds?!

Sincerely,

Max!

 max.ahston at dmn.hf.sw.ericsson.se  | max at ahston.se
 Ericsson Telecom                  | Tamira Konsult AB