Map UNIX User to NT Administrator user

Dan Horth d.horth at tzlimited.com
Thu Apr 19 00:48:23 GMT 2001

Hi, thanks for the ideas...

the "domain admin users" parameter sounds like it should work but doesn't...

I tried

domain admin users = admin

in my global section of smb.conf and restarted, logged in again, and
- no administrator rights :(

I see what you're saying about the user map and group map though -
makes sense now that I've re-read the docs along with your
explanation.

May be these features are not available as part of the standard 2.07 release?

Hmm... may be I need to hassle the NT-DOM list members some more for clues!

any one else got any ideas? does anyone have this working?

thanks, dan.

--
Telezygology
Manager, Technical Systems