Samba 2.2.0 PDC Problem

Michael R. Rogers, II mrogers at priz.net
Wed Apr 18 16:35:13 GMT 2001

I've poured through the FAQ and HowTo for setting up my Linux 7.0 system to act as a PDC for my Windows 2000 SP1 clients; however, I continue to get the "Cannot join domain, the credentials supplied conflict with an existing set.." error.  Yep, I followed the FAQ for this error, followed it and I still get this error.

I'm logging onto the Win2K system as administrator and when I try to join the domain and get prompted for a username/password combo, I use root (which was added to smbpasswd).  Also, my system was given an account as well - with the ending $.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Michael

BTW - 2.2 is KICK ASS!