A Question about Passwords

Tom Beer mailings at analogon.com
Sun Apr 15 15:23:21 GMT 2001

Hi Andre,

Samba is a file- and printserver, not a domain administration tool
for passwords and things like that. And for what should your collegues
change their passwords from mom to dad and vice versa every month?

Best Tom

> Hi,
>
> my name is Andre and I am from Germany.
> I have Samba configurated as a NT-Domain-Server and it works well.
> Now my Boss wants me to make the Server ask the users to change their
passwords every month. I have read most of the documentation but I have not
found anything which could do this. So I ask you is there any option to make
this work?