A Question about Passwords

Bill Moran wmoran at iowna.com
Sun Apr 15 15:38:56 GMT 2001

Tom Beer wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> Samba is a file- and printserver, not a domain administration tool
> for passwords and things like that.

It sure looks like the work is being done to make that statement a
falshood.

> And for what should your collegues
> change their passwords from mom to dad and vice versa every month?

What kind of lamebrain question is that? Many places have the need for
passwords to be forced to change often. I do work for a medical facility
that will be required by law to change passwords every 14 days very
shortly. I'm sure there are other folks that even more immediate and
critical needs.

-Bill