Japanese Codepage 932 Help.

Samba-JP TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.gr.jp
Tue Apr 10 04:49:47 GMT 2001

>  I am trying to get samba to work on my system with Japanese
>character, and I am really stuck. can anyone help me please?
>
>first of all, i only see the codepage.932 which i want to use is
>8bytes, is this right file size of this file?..

This is no problem.
codepage.??? is used in order to define the conversion rules between
upper case and lower case. But Japanese has no feature of 'case'.

>coding system = EUC
>client code page = 932
>
>are those correct setting for it?

Maybe these are correct.

And remember that on Linux, you probably use EUC code set, but on Windows
98 you use SJIS code set. So if you connect to linux from Windows 98,
you need to set your 'telnet' to use EUC code set.

-----
Motonobu TAKAHASHI                    mailto:monyo at samba.gr.jp
Samba Users Group Japan               http://www.samba.gr.jp/