File share redirect with Samba...

Michael Eskowitz MEskowitz at c-bridge.com
Thu Sep 28 16:44:35 GMT 2000

Is it possible to use Samba to redirect/remap file and drive share requests?

The problem:
Currently every user has a public and a private folder on the file server,
but to make management easier (and reduce total volume size) we want to move
the public shares to a public server and the private shares to a private
server (both are NT Server 4 btw).  This would, however, confuse our users
and lead to chaos in general.  I'm trying to get a server up and running
that lists both the public and private shares, but does not actually store
any files.  It simply should maintain directory permissions and enable
easier access.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike