smbpasswd -j <domain> -r <pdc> won't work for me!

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Wed Sep 27 03:56:36 GMT 2000

[Rob Tanner <rtanner at linfield.edu>]
> everything is set up.  The is a /usr/local/samba/private directory.

Is it mode 700 owner root?  Did you just now create the NT trust
account in Server Manager?  (I.e. it's not a left-over trust account
from a previous installation?  If so, delete and recreate it.)  Is the
machine name in Server Manager the same (case-insensitive) as what you
specified under 'netbios name', if you did?  Are you connecting to the
PDC, as opposed to a BDC, and is it for the same domain as you
specified via 'workgroup'?  Does testparm show anything suspicious?

That's all I can think of.

Peter