Help question

Amina Ray Amina.Ray at uth.tmc.edu
Tue Sep 26 16:42:09 GMT 2000

I hope that I'm sending this message to the correct email address. If
not could you let me know the correct address to send Samba questions
to.
I am having a problem with Samba. I believe that we are using version
1.9.18; is there a command that I can use to find out for sure which
version that I am using. The problem is that most of my users except for
myself can not log on to the network to print. I believe the only reason
that I can  log on is because I have the system administrator password.
I can ping the server and the printers. I have tried restarting Samba. I
have used "testparm smb.conf"  and "smbclient -L server name" command
and receive no error messages.  Do you have any other suggestions? I am
in desperate need of help. People want to hang me because  they can't
print.