Connecting to Existing NT Domain

Albert.C.Smith at QuestDiagnostics.com Albert.C.Smith at QuestDiagnostics.com
Wed Sep 20 16:41:22 GMT 2000

Hi,

    I have an HP-UX 9000 connecting to a NT 4.0 domain. I had my NT admin add
the box to the domain and setup a 1-way trust. But whenever I try to join the
domain I get the following error messag:

cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine CLVSX-NT02
. Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
2000/09/20 12:32:34 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password f
or domain USCLV.
Unable to join domain USCLV.

I attached my smb.conf, maybe someone can give me a hand.

Albert C. Smith
Unix Systems Administrator
Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Mail Code CV-1015