Samba won't authenticate to a Windows 2000 Domain Controller in Native mode.

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Wed Sep 20 09:28:03 GMT 2000

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Christopher Meyers wrote:

> My Windows 2000 Domain Controller was once running Mixed Mode and the
> domain security modes worked fine.  Once all our servers were upgraded
> to Windows 2000, the domain mode was switched to Windows 2000 Native
> (irreversible).  Samba (2.0.7) will not authenticate against the
> domain controller in Windows 2000 Native mode.  Any suggestions?

Scream loudly! Kick something. Break something expensive.

Reinstall win2k in mixed mode.
(I assume irreversible means that the conversion process is one way only)

Send patches to make samba work with win2k in native mode.
(I believe samba does not (yet) work with win2k in native mode. If it
 does then you may want to ignore this mail.)

/Urban