printing problem for certain users

Michele Francis chele98m at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 14:37:18 GMT 2000

I have been trying to determine why certain users are
not able to print to network printers.  I can, but
then I am admin user.  The error in log is as follows:

2000/09/12 12:22:15 user1 (172.16.0.39) closed
connection to service comp1ptr

I am still new to Samba, but getting better at where
to look for problems, but this one is just throwing me
off.  There is the printcap, lmhosts contains the
user1 host.  I have checked permissions of printcaps
and /var area, but can't seem to figure why is just
closes down user1 to the service.  I have set public =
yes.  well here is what is in smb.conf as far as
printers are concerned
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   public = yes
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes
   create mode = 0700
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P%p %s
   lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
   lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

samba 1.9.18 and unix is IRIX operating system.
I would appreciate any help or points in the right
direction.
thanks.