passwd program not executed

Gottfried Scheckenbach gottfried.scheckenbach at xtelligent.de
Thu Sep 14 09:10:59 GMT 2000

Hello, I'm totally new to the list - please excuse if the topic has been
discussed in the past. We use Samba 2.0.7 on AIX 4.3.2.0. Samba is
configured as PDC and all is working well, only the syncronisation of
the unix password doesn't work. The trace of the by smbd executed
external programms showed, that the passwd program is not executed.
Using passwd chat debug shows that the chat hangs after "calling" passwd
and waits for input which never comes. A test with an other shell script
doesn't worked too. Has anyone some ideas? Help is very welcome! Thanks.

Gottfried
http://www.xtelligent.de/team/t_gosc.htm