"transparent" network driver

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Fri Sep 8 12:48:38 GMT 2000

Daniele Cesarini wrote:

> Hi all, I'm new to SAMBA and I have a question.
> I use SAMBA from windows98 clients to access the user homes in Linux.
> That works fine.
> The problem I have is: is it possible to map a network driver to the
> home of the user currently logged on automatically?
>
> I mean, I see the samba shares AS \\SAMBA\username , and if i map a
> drive to that when another user logs in (username2) the network drive
> still remains mapped to \\SAMBA\username . How can I automatically map
> to \\SAMBA\username2 ? (or what is the solution if any?)
>
> Hope I was clear, sorry for bad English
>
> Here is my smb.conf

Map to \\SAMBA\homes instead. That will map you to the logged in
user home directory.

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177