Linux, samba and one logon per user.

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Fri Oct 27 07:25:44 GMT 2000

George,

On 26 Oct 2000 13:35:11 +0000, George Farris wrote:

>I'm setting up a lab full of users here at the college and really
>need to be able to restrict a user to a single login at any given
>time.  Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions about this?
>
>Once the user has logged in at a workstation they wouldn't be able to
>use another workstation until they logged out of the one they were
>on.

You can use

	preexec close = yes
	preexec = /some/script %U # or %u, you may have to test

In /some/script you could check the output of "smbstat -u $1" and
react on the outcome.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.