script to change password

Daniel A. Melo daniel at codata.com.br
Thu Oct 26 13:41:04 GMT 2000

Hi,

I´m a brazilian student trying to develop a script to change smb
passwords.

My plan is to use a web page, in my intranet web server, with SSL, and
this web page will execute a CGI script, and change the smbpasswd.

I´ve installed a Pam module that sincronyze the smbpasswd and the
passwd.
ftp://ftp.netexpress.net/pub/pam/
and it worked with one exception: The smbpasswd must be executed by the
user who wants to change the password. When root try to change other
user password, the sincronization don´t happen.

Can you help me? Anybody here has a similar script?

[]´s

Daniel A.