Help with Samba

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Thu Oct 26 22:25:18 GMT 2000

Prince,

<imperative> Do not send HTML messages to mailing lists </imperative>

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:32:21 -0700, Prince Polius wrote:

>I did some testing at home and was able to block off one of
>my users (at home) from a particular file (just as a test). I used
>the "valid users = whoever" and "public = no" command in the SHARE
>DEFINITIONS section of the smb.conf file. It  worked fine. Now I
>would like to reinstate this user's access to the same file... but I
>can't get it to come back up... I keep getting a message that reads
>"... the share is not accessible/cannot be found..." All
> machines are Win98 except the samba server which runs on RedHat
>Linux 6.1.

You will need to drop the connection between the client and Samba to
force Samba to re-read the configuration file. Use smbstatus to find
out the PID for your connection, then kill this PID.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.