Login Problem

rbnemo at bayan.pinoycentral.com rbnemo at bayan.pinoycentral.com
Mon Oct 23 00:04:15 GMT 2000

Steven,

Hi I have used same login for 11 windows client and encountered no problem.

Try to delete .pwl files on the pc that u have problem logging in.

FYI.
Mon

Message: 6
From: "Steven Scott" <steven_scott at solutionconsultantsinc.com>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Subject: Login Problem
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 14:51:09 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C03C37.83B4B5A0

   I have two computers connected to my Samba server, and I am having =
trouble logging in on the one.

Scenario:
Samba Server is NEON

Notebook computer is XENON and will connect fine as SSCOTT (user in Unix =
also) with the proper password.

Desktop computer is MERCURY and can connect fine as SSCOTT2, or another =
user with the proper password.  However, if I try to connect as SSCOTT =
on this computer, then it fails with "Neon is not accessible.  No =
permission to access resource."  If I shut down the notebook computer, =
and try this again, it still fails. I can however, see everything fine =
if I use a different login name.

   Is there a known problem here with trying to use the same account =
from two machines at the same time, or even two different computers at =
any time?

Steven Scott
Solution Consultants Inc.
Email: mailto:steven_scott at solutionconsultantsinc.com