Mounting Win2K shared volumes on Linux.

Jaimon Jose jjaimon at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 04:10:15 GMT 2000

I do mount a W2K shared volume in my linux machine and access files.  But I always get this irritating new line character when I access text files in that mounted volume from my linux machine. The same thing happens the other way also.  ie.  I won't get new line characters if I copy files from Linux to mounted W2k volume.  Any idea how I get rid of this problem.

Another problem is that I loose connection to my W2k volume quite often if I leave that idle for some time.  I will have to remount the volume again.  I am using samba-2.0.6-7

Thanks,
--jaimon