Newbie configuration questions

Mike Box's Lists mbox-l at cleopas.stat.vt.edu
Thu Oct 5 20:22:06 GMT 2000

I just installed Samba 2.0.7 on a Solaris 2.7 box.  I've chosen to join an
existing NT domain (security = domain).

Question 1:  Am I correct in my understanding that this is the preferred
configuration to integrate Unix with the existing NT domain?

Question 2:  How do I configure Samba so that a few Win98 computers may access
Samba shares?  (Samba shares are accessible from an NT userid, but not from a
Win98 computer.  However, shares from the NT server are accessible by the Win98
computer.)

Thanks, in advance, for your help and for tolerating the questions of a rookie.

Mike Box                       Phone: (540)231-9506
Systems Administrator            Fax: (540)231-3863
Department of Statistics      E-mail: Mike.Box at vt.edu
Virginia Tech