Windows 9x and NT

Chris Watt cnww at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Oct 4 22:26:28 GMT 2000

At 03:23 PM 10/4/00 -0500, JACKSON, Frederick wrote:

>WHAT DO I DO?  PLEASE HELP

Almost invariably this is the result of having encryption turned on,
failing to create a valid smbpassword file, and not reading the docs so you
are totally unaware of this. Read The (ahem) Fine Manual at
http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/textdocs/ENCRYPTION.txt and if you
still have any questions then come back to the list.
It is (imho) almost certain that all you need to do is run the command
"mksmbpasswd.sh; smbpasswd your_user_name". If turns out to be more
complex, then I apologize for thinking that you're wasting my time by
posting questions on something that's explained quite well in the Samba
docs included with the software.