problem: smbmounted share cannot see all files

Andrew Oliver acomaillists at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 17:04:27 GMT 2000

I have a RH 6.2 system with Samba "2.07-4".  My
problem is that no *.bat and *.cmd files are visible
to the samba mounted share in a paticular 3rd layer
directory (to ls or cp).  I am assuming the remote
machine is an NT4 server.  The bat and cmd files ARE
visible from the same account on my Windows 2000
machine .  I get no apparent errors, however this
seems to always appear in my /var/log/messages at
least a million times.  My SMB.conf file is basicaly
standard, Tried changing the TCP_NOWAIT once, but it
did nothing.  These two problems may be unrelated, but
since the messages when I list the directory, I
thought it worth mentioning.  Also NO files except for
these bat and cmd files seem to be  affected, which I
find very odd.  Any ideas?  Need more info?

Sep 26 10:43:56 acoliver98 kernel: smb_receive_trans2:
copied, parm=4079 of 4079, data=220 of 4079
Sep 26 10:43:56 acoliver98 kernel: smb_receive_trans2:
copied, parm=4079 of 4079, data=4079 of 4079

here is the relevent fstab entry

//servername02/sharename     /mnt/sharename
smbfs
username=username,password=password,fmask=000,dmask=000,r
0 0