Samba permissions (inherit permissions flag)

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Mon Nov 27 22:44:28 GMT 2000

Ian,

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:56:28 +1030, Ian Hogben wrote:

>I am having trouble with the "inherit permissions" flag on my Samba
>2.0.7 (ext2 -RedHat 7) box. When a user creates a file or directory,
>it is created with their ownership and group, rather than the
>parent's. Is there anything special that needs to be done to get this
>working..?

Have a look into the man page: "inherit permissions" does not do
anything with ownership. Try "force user" and "force group".

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.