Samba 2.2.0 and MS-Client 3.0: Bug in Directory-Listing?

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Mon Nov 27 19:32:44 GMT 2000

Hello!

We are currently doing some tests with samba 2.2.0 using the cvs of 10.11.00 (I know that's not really current, but all w2K-stuff seams to work and I havn't read reports like this before):

Wenn connecting form samba 2.2.0 (on Redhat 6.2) to a DOS 6.1 PC running MS-Client 3.0 the connection works fine. But doing a "dir" on the dos box only some of the files and not alle are displayed. In one case only 6 of about 40. I can't see any system behind the files being displayed. This set-up works with samba 2.0.7 and basicly the same smb.conf.

As MS-Client 3.0 seems to be a summary of drivers, here are the Version recorded during startup:
MS NE2000 NDIS Driver 2.0
Microsoft DOS TCP/IP Protocol Driver 1.0a
Microsoft DOS TCP/IP NEMM Driver 1.0
MS-DOS LAN Manager v2.1 Netbind

Christian