iRMX

Manuel Bessler manuel at varxec.de
Tue Nov 21 00:39:57 GMT 2000

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 10:34:03AM -0500, Gary James wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with this Samba port on iRMX? I'm not
> sure if it's the same Samba, since it doesn't appear to be GPL'd. If
> anybody knows for sure I'd appreciate the info.
>
>   http://www.locsoft.com/engineering/software/sproducts.html
>
> thanks

hmm, i tried the download, and the "SMB.CF" looks _very_ similar
to smb.conf however from what i can see, this thing
is heavly hacked, the unpacked archive are 14 files (and just
about 320k), binary only.

i think they are in violation of the GPL as they want
15000 UK Pound for the sources...

why would they call it "samba" if it weren't derived
from the stuff you can get at samba.org :-)

BTW: what is iRMX ? from what i saw i think this might be
some kind of embedded system.

Manuel
--
     .-.                        | Manuel Bessler
     /v\    L   I   N   U   X   | <manuel at varxec.de>, <m.bessler at gmx.net>