samba digest, Vol 1 #191 - 3 msgs

Marco Bizzarri m.bizzarri at icube.it
Wed Nov 15 10:09:30 GMT 2000

> Message: 2
> Date: 14 Nov 2000 19:01:02 +0000
> To: gtm at oracom.com
> From: Lorenzo Corradini <lcorradini at katamail.com>
> Cc: samba at us5.samba.org
> Subject: Ogg.: Re: How to hide shares for users that have no rights
>
>  Hello,
>
>  again about this problem, I am very sorry. Well, in this moment I don't
>  understand how to include files in two levels.
>  Glenn, from you e-mail I understand that you have a smb.conf file
>  and, I suppose,
>  in this file you have defined the [global] section and the [home] section.
>  In the smb.conf file you have not any other share definition and you only have
>  include statements. Your smb.conf file looks like:
>
>  [global]
>
>  [home]
>
>  include = /path/to fileA
>  include = /path/to fileB
>
>  If I understand right, in fileA and fileB you have:
>
>  include = /path/to fileC
>  include = /path/to fileD
>
>  In fileC, fileD, .... you have shares definitions.
>
>  In my case it doesn't work. I cannnot see shares that are defined in
>  fileC, fileD, ....
>  It only works if I put shares definitions in fileA, fileB, ....in the
>  first include level. Why? Can you help me again about this problem?
>
>  Thank you very much.
>
>  Lorenzo.

Hi Lorenzo,
I think the schema proposed is much simpler...

let's say you have, machines mickey and minnie. Then you have shares
sales, marketing and accounting.

The three shares are defined in the file /etc/smb.conf.sales,
/etc/smb.conf.marketing, /etc/smb.conf.accounting

mickey can see sales and marketing, so the samba file is
/etc/smb.conf.mickey will be
include=/etc/smb.conf.sales
include=/etc/smb.conf.marketing

minnie can see accounting only, its samba file is /etc/smb.conf.minnie,
and the content will be:
include=/etc/smb.conf.accounting

The global /etc/smb.conf will be
****global definitions***
include=/etc/smb.conf.%m

Bye
Marco

--
Marco Bizzarri - Responsabile Tecnico - Icube S.r.l.
Sede:   Via Ridolfi 15 - 56124 Pisa (PI), Italia