SWAT...

Bruce bruce at toorak.com
Wed Nov 15 00:15:43 GMT 2000

Hi there,
We have Samba 2.07 running wonderfully on SuSE linux in an internal network of
Windows crap everywhere (98/NT/2000/ME/...) However to protect ourselves
from the the outside world, I only allow connections from an internal range
of Class C addresses. (192.168...) on an internal ethernet card. Nothing
else is permitted.

However to manage the site it would be nice to be able to use SWAT from the
Internet and connect to an external ethernet interface on port 901 and ONLY
allow transactions to port 901 and not 137/138/139 on that ethernet card.

Is there a way WITHOUT using IPCHAINS and WITHOUT enabling smb ethernet access
on the external ethernet card.