Windows 2000 problem

Helga Mayer helga at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Nov 14 16:55:47 GMT 2000

Do you have an Win2k Server or just clients ?
A samba PDC with Win2K clients should probably work.

But you run into problems if you have a Win2K Server
and then want to use security=domain.

>From: Gerald Carter <gcarter at valinux.com>
>Subject: Re: Samba and Microsoft Active Directory
>Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 15:03:38 -0500
.
.
.
>If you can convince your NT admins to keep a mixed
>mode DC on the network, samba can continue to operate
>in domain mode security.

Anybody ever succeeded to convince an NT Admin of anything?

We use a workaround: a smbpasswd file on the samba machine
and security=user.

cheers, helga

*  Universitaet Tuebingen       *  Helga Mayer                            *
*  WSI/GRIS 	                *  Tel. : 07071-29-78967                   *
*  Auf der Morgenstelle 10, C9  *  Fax  : 07071-29-5466                   *
*                               *  E-Mail-Adresse :                       *
*  72076 TUEBINGEN              *  helga at gris.uni-tuebingen.de *