WINS client for linux ?

Firas Al-Ragom alragom at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 05:33:56 GMT 2000

I have Samba 2.0.7 running on a Red Hat 6.2 box. It's a DHCP, FILE & PRINT,
and WINS server as well a few other things for a few windows 2000 machines
as well as some linux boxes. Now the win2k machines can browse other
machines on the network (as well as the server just fine), but I was just
wondering if there was any way to get linux machines to use WINS for name
resolution. I'd like to avoid using DNS for now because i have no experience
with that. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanx.

-Firas