smbprint and Solaris 2.7

Mike Box mbox at cleopas.stat.vt.edu
Wed Nov 1 18:03:30 GMT 2000

I have Samba installed on a Solaris 2.7 system.  I wish to offer my users the
capability to print from Unix to their private printer attached to their PC
running Windows 98/NT/2000.  Following these directions, "7.2.2 System V
printers", in http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch07_02.html, I
created a printer definition for the PC-attached printer.  Also, from the PC I
defined the printer to be shared.

When I print a file, with the aid of debugging statements in smbprint.sysv, I
see the script repeatedly executing the smbclient statements, as if the driver
is being called repeatedly to print the file.  The file never prints and remains
in this state until I "cancel" it.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Mike Box                       Phone: (540)231-9506
Systems Administrator            Fax: (540)231-3863
Department of Statistics      E-mail: Mike.Box at vt.edu
Virginia Tech