Samba under Linux

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue May 30 18:36:03 GMT 2000

> Stuart Willis wrote:
>
> Jeremy,
>
> I don't know if you are the correct person but you are the first on the Web page.
>
> I'm looking at running SAMBA on a OS/390 Linux under VM.
>
> 1. is this possible,
> 2. has anyone done it ?
> 3. How do I do it (I'm a VM sysprog not a Linux/UNIX person)

If this is a standard Linux system, you should be able
to download the Samba source code and just do a :

./configure
make
make install (as root)

I'm CC:ing to the list as I'm sure many people would be
interested in your experiences of getting Samba running
on an OS/390 under Linux :-).

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.