Samba under Linux

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at execpc.com
Wed May 31 11:10:54 GMT 2000

Linux/390 is a standard Linux system.  As currently distributed it is
based on Redhat Linux, but a TurboLinux and SuSe Linux distribution will
be available in July (I think).

One misnomer in the query:  Linux runs on a S/390 platform.  OS/390 is
another operating system that also runs on that platform.  There is no
relation or dependence of Linux/390 on OS/390.

I've been running Samba on Linux/390 for about 5 months.  Compiles right
off the net and runs beautifully.

Rich Smrcina
Grede Foundries, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI