Time Synchronisation

Mike.Molnar at sita.int Mike.Molnar at sita.int
Tue May 30 11:47:14 GMT 2000

Thanks for your response, I believe I need to provide more information,
basically:
     the PC is on GMT with Daylight saving time, showing 11:40
     the RS6000 is on BST, showing 11:40
The PC time is actually set using the "net time" command from the RS6000.

When I write a file to one of the samba shares, the file save time is 1 hour
old.   If I set "time offset = 60" in smb.conf, then when I do my "net time" the
PC time will be 1 hour ahead but the file save time will now be correct ??

I think it's something on the UNIX box and my first guess is that Samba is not
handling it correctly.  But can I fix this or work around it?
Basically I would like my PC and RS6000 to be in time sync'd and also have the
files written to the samba shares on the RS6000 to have the same time.

Thanks again
Mike