It should work ??

Provoost, Richard Richard.Provoost at essent.nl
Mon May 29 11:52:51 GMT 2000

Hello,

We've got a strange problem: I'll explan:

the directory prod contains:

total 32
drwxrwxr-x   3 roos     swgis        512 May 29 11:48 .
drwxrwxrwx   3 root     system       512 May 29 10:19 ..
-rw-rw-r--   1 marcel   swgis          7 May 29 11:48 marcel_test.magik
drwxrwxr-x   4 roos     swgis        512 May 29 11:39 tools

user marcel can create and write a (new) file in the prod dir,
as it should.
When he query's the directory prod if het can write to this directory
he gets a false from his application although he is from group swgis.

When I set the permissions of prod to rwxrwxrwx then he gets a true
from his application.

It seems to me that although he is connected as id=marcel and gid=swgis the
query to access the directoy is not done by marcel or root ???

If anybody can shed some light on this, I'll be gratefull.

greetings,
Richard.