guest only from Win2000 -> Samba 2.0.7 ...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Sat May 27 02:36:35 GMT 2000

morning all ...

	I want to share a drive between two of my computers ... dont' want
to deal with smbpasswd, so am just doing it as an open share with a host
allow set to the computer that i want to share with ...

	smb.conf is setup nice and simple:

[global]
   workgroup = MYGROUP
   server string = Samba Server
   hosts allow = 10.27.227.73
   log file = /var/log/log.%m
   debug level = 3
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   dns proxy = no
   default service = pub
   guest account = ftp

[pub]
   path = /usr/local/pub
   public = yes
   guest ok = yes
   writeable = yes

When I try to map, it tells me "The account is not authorized to log in
from this station" ... so I'm obviously missing somethign that tells it to
allow guest access, no?

Oh, in the map drive, there is an option for 'differentusername', which i
changed to 'ftp' for this purpose ...

Am lost, please advise? :(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org