LDAP status

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.com
Fri May 26 14:52:18 GMT 2000

Can anyone enlighten me on what the status of
LDAP support is for SAMBA?  I tried to search the
archives but they don't seem to be working.

I downloaded the latest source (2.0.7) and tried
to compile LDAP support (--with-ldap) but I got an
error "LDAP password database not supported in
this version".  Can anyone tell me what I need to
do to get LDAP support.  I downloaded an older
LDAP-samba howto and it makes it sound like it
works (it just isn't compatable with the Win2000
schema yet).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Daniell Freed
Computer Services

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil