SWAT Admin help (was RE: Is this list still active?)

Will Kim wkim at rim.net
Wed May 24 15:34:12 GMT 2000

Hi..

I'm running Samba 2.0.7 on a RH 6.0 box...

Now, this box is using NIS for authentication, such that I have no entry in
the passwd file, but show up with a `ypcat passwd`.

I have made a group called 'swat' and have added myself to it, such that
doing a `groups wkim` lists swat as one of my groups.

I then `chgrp swat smb.conf` and `chmod 664 smb.conf`.

Yet, if I try to access SWAT with my userid, I get browse privileges only...
Any idea why?

On a possibly related note, under the password section of SWAT, under Server
Password Management, there are buttons for "Disable User" and "Enable User".
I've tried these, but what are they supposed to do? SWAT documentation seems
very non-existent....

Cheers,
Will