Problem with "force create mode" et. al.

Ryan Waldron rew at erebor.com
Mon May 22 16:30:41 GMT 2000

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> >   force create group = staff
> >   force create mask = 0040
> >   force directory mask = 2040

> I think you're using the wrong parameters. You actually want:-
>
> force group
> force create mode
> force directory mode
>
> not the ones you have above. FYI, I use a similar scheme, and my shares
> are set up like this:-

Hmm...I'm heading over to check this out right now.  However, I'm
surprised, because the docs say that "force create mode" and "force
create mask" are synonyms for one another.

One thing that might be relevant, from looking at your helpful example
below, is this - do I have to be using "create mask" in order to use
"force create mode"?

>           path = /usr/local/filestore/common
>           valid users = @everyone
>           admin users = @smbadmin
>           writeable = Yes
>           create mask = 0755
>           force create mode = 020
>           directory mask = 02775
>           force directory mode = 02070
>           map system = Yes
>           map hidden = Yes

Thanks much for the help!

Ryan Waldron    |||   http://www.erebor.com    |||    rew at erebor.com

"The web goes ever, ever on, down from the site where it began..."