What client software do I need?

ANGEL BUGARIN ANGEL.BUGARIN at mail.sprint.com
Fri May 19 18:45:45 GMT 2000

Hello again everyone. I would like to say thank you to those who
replied.
After two days of testing and retesting Samba, I was finally able to
"map"
an AIX file system in my NT. Awesome thing to see.

The only change I made in my NT client was the host table - this is to
include
the IP address of the RISC box where Samba resides. Then of course make
changes to the smb.conf to test connectivity.

Prior to a request made by one of our user, I had no knowledge about
what
Samba is. After fumbling throught the "html" documentations, I began to
see
what it can do. In fact when I had it working, I began to like it too.

I did not expect a "specific system documentation".  However a more
structured
documentation would have help - ie; this is the server, this is the
client, this is
what you expect - something like that. I had to fumble my way around the
"html"
documentations just to figure things out.

I believe that if anyone asks a question, regardles of how simple or
stupid it
may sound, that no assumption should be made about the person asking
that
question. Isn't that what a LIST is all about to provide help or
suggestion without
discrimination?

I apologize if I offended anyone.

Angel