Help>>

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Fri May 19 05:52:09 GMT 2000

[hao-zj <zj0572 at yahoo.com>]
> Samba version: 2.0.7
> Samba server: server01 (192.168.1.14)
> NT client   : client01 (161.192.1.86)
>                            <==different networker and
> NT client's resource controlled by Novell...

You can't route from 192.168.x.x to 161.192.x.x directly, at least not
over the Internet, because 192.168.x.x is reserved for an internal-only
subnet.  I'm guessing you have some sort of NAT (network address
translation) somewhere.  Check with your network administrator for how
to establish basic TCP/IP connectivity between the two subnets.

Also, by "controlled by Novell" do you mean you are using the Windows
Netware client?  If so, check to make sure you have "Client for
Microsoft Networks" also installed (under "network properties", the
"services" tab) and that it is bound to TCP/IP.

> Another thing: how can put the Solaris server and NT client in the
> same group (UFO)????

In Samba, use "workgroup=UFO" in smb.conf.
In NT, set the workgroup to UFO in the "network properties" window,
under the "identity" tab.

Peter