Question on SMB in place of NFS

clive.talbutt at hsbcam.com clive.talbutt at hsbcam.com
Thu May 18 09:26:18 GMT 2000

Hello, I have been using samba for many years and find it solid and reliable :-)
However we are experiencing problems between our HP unix servers running NFS
because of the way RPC is used as the underlying basis if NFS. I would like to
know if any plans are a foot to provide a smbfs implementation on other systems
then just Linux. If there are non I would be willing to take the source and help
in the development of this type of functionality. Your imput will be welcomed.

Clive Talbutt
Senior Systems Administrator
HSBC

This transmission has been issued by a member of the HSBC group ("HSBC")
for the information of the addressee only and should not be reproduced
and / or distributed to any other person. Each page attached hereto must
be read in conjunction with any disclaimer which forms part of it.
This transmission is neither an offer nor the solicitation of an offer
to sell or purchase any investment. Its contents are based on information
obtained from sources believed to be reliable but HSBC makes no
representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to its
completeness or accuracy.