What client software do I need?

ANGEL BUGARIN ANGEL.BUGARIN at mail.sprint.com
Thu May 18 03:50:39 GMT 2000

Hello everyone.  I apologize in advance for a simple question yet
hard to a beginner. I'm new to SAMBA - 1 1/2 days old.

I'm in the process of configuring/testing SAMBA in our
RISC test box. I am now stuck on TEST 5 below.

TEST 5:-------run the command "nmblookup -B ACLIENT '*'"You should get
the PCs IP address back. If you don't then the clientsoftware on the PC
isn't installed correctly, or isn't started, or yougot the name of the
PC wrong. If ACLIENT doesn't resolve via DNS then use the IP address of
theclient in the above test.

Exactly what client software do I need to install/configure my NT?  I've
read all the documentations
I could find and yet there is no metion about the client software
mentioned in TEST 5.

Any suggestion or recommendation is appreciated.

Angel